24 Comments

1. Sharon
    October 8, 2020 @ 10:59 am

What an absolutely amazing trip to make with kids. And your two look like they are the perfect age to appreciate such a special place. I was fascinated to read about the calving, I am from New Zealand and have visited glaciers in the South Island but have never heard of this before. I certainly hope my family and I make it to Patagonia one day.

2. Cristina
    October 8, 2020 @ 10:57 am

This place looks absolutely stunning. I don’t hike much, but I would be more than happy to hike there 🙂 I am saving this place for future trips.

3. Planet Hopper Girl
    October 8, 2020 @ 9:31 am

The glacier pictures are amazing. Looks like a great destination. If I ever plan a trip to Patagonia, will definitely consider your tips. Thanks for sharing!!

4. Michele
    October 8, 2020 @ 6:44 am

I would have never thought of Patagonia as a backpacking adventure for kids but it looks wonderful. Great planning and consideration in all areas. We would love to do this trip. Will have to remember this when we make it to South America.

5. David
    June 29, 2018 @ 4:30 am

Planning for a ttrip to South America. Chile sounds like a great destination. Love the glacier photos, amazing!

• a speck
      June 29, 2018 @ 1:37 pm

thanks, have a wonderful time in South America.

6. Jas
    May 1, 2018 @ 12:36 am

I’m not very familiar with South America so have never really heard about Patagonia until now. Thank you for introducing its beauties to us. I have no idea how many times I said wow to myself as I read through your adventures! This must’ve been such an unforgettable trip!!!

• aspeck
      May 1, 2018 @ 10:05 pm

Patagonia is one of the pristine places outside of the poles. watch 180 south movie and i bet you will buy ticket next day.

7. Followingtherivera
    April 29, 2018 @ 4:45 am

What an incredible adventure! I’d love to visit Patagonia one day, and this has inspired me to go. Thanks for sharing.

8. WhodoIdo
    April 28, 2018 @ 9:34 am

The views of the Perito Moreno glacier are breath taking …. seems never ending. Your photos of the glacier are spectacular, I’m absolutely mesmerised. I think would I have been excited to see chunks of ice falling into the lake too. Did you do the boat tour? Shame the kids did not meet the required age to do the hike – definitely next time! I’m not a big fan of bus tours and hiring a car allows you to beat the crowds and reach the sight before the tours arrive. This is now high on my list to visit!

• aspeck
      April 28, 2018 @ 1:18 pm

no, we did not do boat tour, it was out of the budget that time. Next time 🙂

9. Becca Talbot
    April 28, 2018 @ 9:14 am

What an amazing trip for you and the kids! I’ve recently been to Iceland and saw some glaciers there, but nothing like this. Good to read about Chile’s bus network too, always helpful when the public transport is reliable AND comfortable! x

10. Milijana
    April 28, 2018 @ 8:59 am

I am just planning my South America trip and Patagonia and Perito Moreno Glacier are on my radar. Can’t wait to see the glacier with my own eyes!

I am bookmarking your post as a reference for places where to stay ! Thank you for sharing those valuable info.

Milijana

• aspeck
      April 28, 2018 @ 1:19 pm

you will have a wonderful time there – people, place, and food – everything is amazing.

11. Alexander Popkov
    April 27, 2018 @ 3:43 pm

Getting up to the glacier is one of the things I would love to do. I already saw a glazier in Norway but didn’t have the equipment to climb it.

12. Brianna
    April 27, 2018 @ 10:53 am

I never thought of exploring Patagonia via bus tour! Was the tour group big? I’ve heard that hitchhiking is another great way to get around Patagonia.

• aspeck
      April 28, 2018 @ 1:20 pm

oh no, we never go with a group. We have our group 😉 a family of four.

13. Priya Florence Shah
    April 26, 2018 @ 9:48 pm

I am definitely putting Patagonia on my bucket list. It’s so beautiful and the wildlife is just amazing. Thanks for sharing your journey with us.