29 Comments

1. Bhushavali N
    September 19, 2020 @ 8:54 am

I’ve heard much about Sequoia national Park and its in my wishlist! I’m always fascinated by how minuscule we look in front of sequoia trees. That would be my top pick in this list. I’ve been wanting to hire an RV and go national park hopping in the USA and this looks cool list to avoid crowds. I didn’t know Yosemite has this less crowded areas as well.

2. Raksha
    September 19, 2020 @ 5:42 am

I know US has some amazingly beautiful national parks. The Yosemite and the Grand Canyon have always been on my list and I wanted to hike some of the trails in those national parks. Hopefully I can visit them soon. I would also love to visit Great Sand Dunes as it looks so pretty.

3. Umiko
    September 18, 2020 @ 7:28 pm

We’ve been to three of these parks: Black Canyon of the Gunnison, Sand Dunes, and Canyonlands. Too bad we didn’t get to camp in the park, so we missed the Milky Way at night. But you’re right, it’s less visited because of their locations. Far from big cities.

4. Yara
    September 18, 2020 @ 2:29 pm

I’d never heard of Kings Canyon – but wow looks beautiful! I’d love to visit! Adding to my California bucket list.

5. Pilar
    September 18, 2020 @ 12:55 pm

These parks are so beautiful. I really would love to visit the largest tree in the world in the Sequoia national park and hike through the rock spires in Needles. I have visited the US once and only cities but these natural landscapes are really worth a second visit to this beautiful country.

• a speck
      September 18, 2020 @ 2:08 pm

can’t agree more. I can happily spend months in national parks, cities suffocate me 🙂

6. Lourdes
    September 18, 2020 @ 7:04 am

You already had me when you put less visited in the title! I love anything that has to do with outdoors and not crowded.

I think that my favorite place of this list is Kings Canyon National Park. I have heard a lot about it an really love how it sounds. It is so frustrating that we can’t even do any travel planning right now. But hopefully we will soon.

7. Nish
    September 18, 2020 @ 6:28 am

I have been to King’s Canyon, Sequioia, and Yosemite. They are all so beautiful. And you’re right, the best part of Yosemite is the drive and hike in and around Tuolomne meadows. Unbelievably beautiful!

8. Linda (LD Holland)
    September 17, 2020 @ 3:22 pm

We have visited many of the big National Parks. So it was great to get a list of some others to add for another National Parks road trip. I love that each of the National Parks are different. Great Sand Dunes definitely needs to be on our list. Sunsets and the Milky Way sound like perfect ends to a day.

• a speck
      September 17, 2020 @ 3:47 pm

You will love Great Sand Dunes, make sure to plan when it is a moonless night.

9. megan
    September 17, 2020 @ 1:43 pm

Loved reading of some different national parks. Personally I’ve done lots of hikes in the North Cascades, which I absolutely love. The Black Canyon looks very interesting, I’d never heard of it, so it’s going on ‘the list’!

• a speck
      September 17, 2020 @ 3:04 pm

Highly recommend camping at Black Canyon for the gorgeous night sky.

10. Digitaldaybook
    September 17, 2020 @ 12:38 pm

Love this list! It’s amazing how many unknown parts of the world there is!

11. Melissa
    September 17, 2020 @ 11:33 am

Wonderful Post!! So Much great information here. I have been really enjoying hiking lately, and love to have this list ready for me!

12. Sophie
    September 16, 2020 @ 3:20 pm

Wow all of these national parks look amazing. It’s incredible how much diversity there is in the US. I want to go to all of these, but Canyonlands is right at the top of my list!

• a speck
      September 16, 2020 @ 4:22 pm

As I was writing about these and going through the photos, Canyonlands tugged at my heart the most!

13. Suladys
    September 16, 2020 @ 1:46 pm

So far I’ve been to Yosemite and Sequoia National Park. But a goal of mine is to hit all of the ones on this list starting with North Cascades, because it’s been on my list for quite some time now! I would definitely say that over the years, Yosemite has gotten extremely crowded, but I’ve been able to find some secret hikes and hidden spots that lean away from tourists. So excited to check out all of the spots on the list honestly!

• a speck
      September 16, 2020 @ 4:20 pm

You will love North Cascades. All the best for national park exploration.

• Suladys